- Quickly and easily connects safety chains from trailer to tow vehicle
- Exclusive design and spring-loaded safety latch help ensure secure attachment
- Meets requirements for high-test chain and features a GTW of 24,000 lbs.
- Each hook must meet or exceed the gross trailer weight
- Grade 70 rating for superior tensile strength and abrasion resistance
- Hook pin and cotter pin provide an easy, secure attachment to safety chain
- Constructed from high-strength, heat-treated, forged steel
- Protected by a durable yellow zinc-plated finish
CURT clevis hooks are heavy-duty hooks for connecting safety chains or transport binder chain. Meeting the requirements for high-test chain, clevis hooks are perfect for latching down heavy cargo and securing large loads in commercial and industrial applications. They feature a forged, heat-treated steel construction to ensure long-lasting wear resistance, and they come with a durable zinc finish to outlast the elements. This particular clevis hook has a hook size of 1" and offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 24,000 lbs. It comes with a hook pin and cotter pin for solid attachment to a chain link or cable loop, and it also features a spring-loaded safety latch. Similar to a quick link, the safety latch allows for a safety chain connection that won't come loose from vehicle vibrations or jarring on uneven terrain. Remember, when attaching safety chains, the chains should be cross underneath the trailer coupler, and each hook and chain must be rated to meet or exceed the gross weight of the trailer.