- Activates electric trailer brakes in the event of a breakaway
- Compatible with trailers with up to three axles
- 48" cable lanyard connects tow vehicle to trailer breakaway battery
- 12-volt battery can be recharged using breakaway charger #52025
- Included lockable battery case deters theft and corrosion
- Bolt-on mounting system for secure installation on the trailer
- Meets DOT requirements for holding / breakaway situations
- Required in most states
- Includes lockable battery case, 12V 5-amp rechargeable battery, and nylon breakaway switch
For any and all types of trailers with electric trailer brakes, a CURT breakaway kit provides you with the equipment you need to be prepared. We offers three different complete breakaway systems to accommodate various trailer sizes and meet your specific towing needs. All of our breakaway kits are tested for your safety and meet DOT requirements for holding and breakaway situations.
The CURT Soft-Trac 1 breakaway system comes with a 12-volt, 5-amp battery and a nylon breakaway switch for reliable activation. The battery is designed to be rechargeable for long-term use, and the breakaway switch comes with a 48" lanyard to fit most vehicle-trailer combinations. This particular kit does not include a battery charger.
To keep the battery well-protected from the elements and tampering, this Soft-Trac 1 breakaway kit also comes with a lockable top-load battery case. The case is made from durable plastic to be rust-free and features a screw-tight lid with rubber gaskets to maintain good wiring connections.
Nobody hitches up a trailer expecting a breakaway, but that doesn't mean you should tow unprepared. Be ready for anything with a CURT breakaway kit.