- Quickly and easily connects safety chains from trailer to tow vehicle
- Can also be used on a winch strap for a quick connection
- Spring-loaded safety latch helps ensure secure attachment
- Features a gross trailer weight capacity of 5,000 lbs.
- Each hook must meet or exceed the gross trailer weight
- Protected by a durable zinc-plated finish
There are always some factors on the road you cannot control -- an irresponsible driver, adverse weather conditions -- but one thing you can control is the type of towing equipment you use. Just because there are threats out there, doesn't mean your towing adventures need to be dangerous. CURT offers a variety of towing safety products -- including safety chains, safety cables, hooks, links and more -- to make sure you have confidence to Bring It and trustworthy equipment to Bring It safely.
CURT snap hooks are a highly secure way to connect your safety chains from your trailer to your tow vehicle. They feature a spring-loaded safety latch that turns the hook into a closed loop. Similar to a quick link, the safety latch allows for a safety chain connection that won't come loose from vehicle vibrations or jarring on uneven terrain. Snap hooks also feature a strong steel construction and come with a zinc-plated finish to outlast the elements. This particular snap hook has a 9/16" diameter and offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 5,000 lbs. Remember, when attaching safety chains, the chains should be cross underneath the trailer coupler, and each hook and chain must be rated to meet or exceed the gross weight of the trailer.